Important: You won’t be able to enroll in a BCBS dental plan unless you’re ALSO currently signing up for a health plan during a Special Enrollment Period. Check out your other dental options here. Open Enrollment for all plans is 11/01/20-12/15/20. We recommend Ameritas Dental as the best alternative in the meantime.
BlueCross BlueShield of Texas Dental Plan
With the BCBSTX dental plans, you’ll get dental coverage on day one with no deductible required for check-ups, cleanings and other preventive services. Most important, costs are typically reduced when you receive care from any BCBSTX participating network dentists. However, you also have the option to see any dentist not in the network, but your out-of-pocket costs may be higher. Some highlights of Dental Indemnity USA coverage:
- Coverage can be used to provide dental benefits to an individual, spouse, children or any combination of dependents.
- A $50 deductible, based on fee schedule allowances, applies for dental procedures or services received by a covered individual during each benefit year.
- Maximum deductible amount of $150 for family coverage.
- Deductibles do not apply to oral exams, cleanings, fluoride treatments, sealants and X-rays.
- $1,000 orthodontia benefit for children under 19 years old
- For more information on coverage and benefits, view the Dental Outline of Coverage.
You must enroll in a BCBSTX health plan in order to enroll in the dental plan. You have up to 31 days from the effective date of your policy to enroll. All members on that health plan must be enrolled in Dental Indemnity USA. Once your dental plan is dropped for any reason, you cannot re-enroll unless you reapply for a new health insurance plan. There are three ways to enroll in BlueCare Dental PPO:
Benefits & Rates