BCBSTX – SelectTemp PPO Plan
SelectTemp PPO Overview
SelecTEMP PPO is an affordable short-term health insurance plan from BlueCross BlueShield of Texas that provides individuals and families temporary health coverage for individuals and families. It offers various benefit periods and deductibles to give you the control to tailor coverage, premium rates and out-of-pocket expenses according to your own needs. This plan utilizes the BlueChoice PPO network of doctors and hospitals and provides coverage from 30 – 365 days.
Key SelectTemp PPO® plan features include:
- Access to the BlueChoice network, one of the largest PPO networks in Texas
- Copayment of $100 for emergency room facility visit – waived if admitted to Hospital immediately following the visit. (This copayment amount applies to the facility visit only. The facility and physician services and supplies are subject to the deductible and coinsurance amount.)
- 80% coinsurance after your deductible with a maximum of $1,000 for individuals and $3,000 for families
- Inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and hospital services
- Diagnostic services
- Office visits
- Childhood immunizations up to the child’s eighth birthday
- 3 tier prescription drug copay formulary ($10 / $40 / $55) after $200 Rx deductible
SelectTemp PPO® may be right for you if you are an individual or family who are:
- Experiencing a gap in employer coverage or can’t afford COBRA
- Waiting for employer coverage to begin
- A recent graduate and still seeking employment
- Age 64 and about to retire, but not yet eligible for Medicare
Who is eligible for SelecTEMP PPO?
- Texas residents at least 60 days of age and under 65 years of age
- Non-expectant parents
- Unmarried dependent children at least 60 days of age and under 25 years of age
- U.S. citizens or non-U.S. citizens living in the United States for at least two years (a copy of your Alien Registration Receipt Card must be submitted with your application)
Short Term Medical vs COBRA
A short term health plan is an excellent alternative to expenseive COBRA premiums for most healthy individuals. Individuals who will need (or soon need) medical care for an exisiting chronic medical condition should elect COBRA since short term medical insurance does not cover pre-existing conditions. SelectTemp PPO uses the BlueChoice® Network: The BlueChoice® network allows you to save on premiums and the cost of covered services when you use a contracting BlueChoice® hospital, doctor or specialist. You do not need to select a primary care physician or obtain a referral to see a specialist. Learn more about valuable member services and features you get when you join the Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas family.